Top 10 richest women from Oyo State Nigeria
Despite its status as one of the countries with the highest rate of poverty in the world, Nigeria is home to more than 100,000 people with high net worth. The most recent version of Forbes World’s Billionaire List 2022, which ranks the richest individuals in the world according to their fortunes, placed Nigerian billionaires higher than they had been before. And included in this group of powerful people are women who run multibillion-dollar corporations both in Nigeria and elsewhere in the world. Following are the top 5 richest women from Oyo State in Nigeria.
(1) BOLA OLOGBUROis the beautiful wife of Oyo-born Alhaji’ Tunde Ologburo. For a long time, she has been deeply involved in the textile business, apart from the other businesses she does with her husband. She is billed to commission her Lace & Fabrics, a store for lace and other clothing materials, inside the popular Jericho Mall.
(2) FOLASADE AKINLABI is a textile merchant. Fatshad, as she is known, flies around the continent, buying and marketing her product. She is one of the most popular Gbagi big women. Apart from the textile business, she is said to be involved in properties and real estate.
(3) VICTORIA SAMSON is the managing director of BOVAS Group, an indigenous independent petroleum marketing company, which she established with her husband in 1980. The marketer has over 25 years of experience in the oil and gas industry as a dealer with both Texaco Nigeria Plc and Mobil Plc. She was the first Nigerian to win the highly competitive Texaco Latin America West Africa (LAWA) Award for Best Overall Dealer in 1990 for the highest sales in both regions combined. She is married to Arc. Bamidele Samson is an eminent Rotarian and architect of repute.
(4) OLUFUNKE AGUNBIADE is a Businesswoman, fashionista, and globe trotter. She is the founder of Midas Global Services LLC, with interests in Oil and Gas, Real Estate, Shipping and logistics, and mining. She is also the convener of the award-winning African EnergyInteractiveForum, one of the largest Oil & Gasconferences for Africans in Houston. She was born into entrepreneurship, as her father has owned one of the largest Tax consulting and Auto sale businesses in North Houston over the last 30 years. Mrs. Agunbiade is a recipient of the US congregational award for her philanthropic work globally, especially in Oyo State. She is also the United Nations ambassador for Sustainabledevelopment goals at the Hague, and her company Midas Global Servicesowns a chain of beauty supply stores in Texas, including the Hair Boutique and SavMart. She is married to Dr. Babajide Agunbiade, a renowned Oil and gas Icon.
5) FUNMI ROBERT is a top female lawyer in Ibadan. She was called to the Nigerian Bar in June 1982 after obtaining her Bachelor of Laws Degree in the Second Class Upper Division from the University of Ife, Ile-Ife, Osun State of Nigeria. She taught at the Faculty of Law, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, after a 3-month stint as State Counsel in the Ministry of Justice of Oyo State of Nigeria.
Immediately after obtaining her Master of Law Degree from his alma mater, she established her Law Firm, Funmi Roberts & Co. In 1989 and it grew to be one of the foremost female-owned law firms in Nigeria, with offices in Ibadan, Oyo State, and Lagos State, and a focal point at the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. She is said to be in ‘control’ of many retainers with major oil companies.
6) FUNSO ADEGBOLA is the director of The Vale College, Ibadan. The only daughter of the late former governor of Oyo State and power and steel minister, Chief Bola Ige is a mentor to many women in the state. And apart from this, she has nurtured her school to greatness as it is one of the most sought-after schools within and outside the state.
7) TAOFEEKAT BABAYEMIWhen you talk about Ibadan society women who havedominated Ibadan social scene for over 30 years, AlhajaTaofeekat Bolaji Babayemi’s name will pop up. She is not only beautiful, but she also runs chains of successful businesses. Not only does she run one of the biggest wholesale Ankara shops in the Gbagi market in Ibadan, but she also has a popular Motor Battery brand called TAO Battery. She also runs a soap company called BJ Soap which is very popular in Ibadan. She is currently building a 202-room hostel inside the University of Ibadan.Just a few years ago, she launched a 77-room luxury hotel called Palm 77 in Agodi GRA Ibadan. It is one of the biggest luxury hangouts where celebrities stay whenever they visit the ancient city.
8) MUTIAT’ LADIMEJI is in charge of MUTLAD oil. The company, which started from scratch, has blossomed to a stage where many people are ‘queuing’ to buy into it.
(9) ZHIKRAH AKANBI is the beautiful wife of Sen. AdesojiAkanbi. Right from her undergraduate days, entrepreneurship runs in her blood. Together with her own, she runs the family’s aviation and tourism business. She resigned from a banking job to start Libragold, Al-furqan travels and tours with her husband.
(10) FLORENCE AJIMOBI is the beautiful first lady of Oyo State. She doesn’t allow the perks associated with being in government to overshadow her. She is reported to be behind a thriving business that has continued to boom continuously.