A one of a kind chocolate cake with a thick white ganache filling and dark chocolate fudge frosting. Also goes by the name Tuxedo cake, this is a super yummy cake and you can bake it easily at home by following the recipe below. Let’s just dive into the recipe.
- 1 and ¾ cups (220 gm) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup (65 gm) unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 and ¾ cups (350 gm) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- ½ cup (120 ml) canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup (120 ml) buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ cup (180 gm) full fat sour cream, at room temperature
- ½ cup (120 ml) hot water or coffee
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
White Chocolate Ganache
- ½ cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 340 gm white chocolate bars, finely chopped
Chocolate Silk Frosting
- 1 cup (230 gm) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup (65 gm) unsweetened natural or dutch-process cocoa powder
- 4 and ½ cups (540 gm) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup or honey
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup (120 ml) heavy cream or whole milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional for garnish: fresh raspberries and mint
Recipe / Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and oil three round 9-inch cake baking containers. Keep it aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, baking soda, coffee powder, and salt together. Put it aside. Utilizing a handheld or stand blender fitted with a whisk connection, blend the eggs, oil, sour cream, vanilla, and buttermilk together until mixed. Pour the wet ingredients mixture into the dry ones, include the hot water and whisk until the batter is well joined.
- Equally divide the batter between three prepared containers. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and invert on a wire rack. Let them cool off totally before frosting.
- As the cake cools, make the white chocolate ganache so it can cool and be prepared. Put slashed white chocolate in a bowl. Warmth the cream in a little pot until it starts to tenderly simmer. Pour over white chocolate and mix until well joined and chocolate has liquefied. Cover and put it in the fridge until it’s thick and a spreadable consistency, around 2 hours.
- Utilizing a handheld or stand blender fitted with a whisk connection beat the butter on fast until creamed, around 2 minutes in a big bowl. Include 4 cups of confectioners’ sugar, milk or cream, cocoa powder, corn syrup, salt, and vanilla. Whisk on low speed for 30 seconds and then turn on high speed for 2 minutes until joined and smooth.
- To assemble the cake, place one cake layer on your cake stand or turntable. Uniformly spread the top with ½ of the white chocolate ganache. Top with the second layer and equally spread the top with remaining ganache. Top with the third cake layer. Spread the icing into a thick layer everywhere on the top and sides. Decorate with raspberries and mint if you like. Place the cake in the fridge for around an hour so that the filling and frosting settles completely.
- The cake is ready to serve. You can keep it in the fridge for 5 days.
So, that’s how you make a really delicious and unique chocolate cake. You will definitely love the taste of this yummy cake. If you can’t bake the cake, order cake online from a reliable bakery. Happy eating! Happy baking!